2. We never ______ a television when I was a child.
3. We paid the restaurant bill ____ credit card.
4. The last time I ____ Joanna was in Paris.
5. If you _____ money from a friend, you should always pay it back promptly.
6. Can I make myself a cup of coffee?
Of course. You _____ to ask.
7. I _______ a lot of sport in my free time.
8. ________ anywhere interesting recently?
Do you go
Have you been
Are you going
Will you go
9. It’s Walter’s birthday on Friday.
He _____ be 30, I think.
10. Learning the piano isn’t as difficult ______ learning the violin.
11. If the weather _______ bad tomorrow, we can go to a museum.
12. About a billion cans of Coca-Cola ______ drunk around the world every day.
13. My mum’s not very well.
Oh, ______ .
it doesn’t matter
I do apologise
sorry to hear that
not bad, thanks.
14. Hans isn’t here. He _____ to see his grandmother.
He’ll be back tomorrow.
15. Would you mind changing my appointment?
______ time on Friday is fine.
16. When I was a child, I _____ climb the wall and jump into our neighbours’ garden.
17. Have you finished ____ the wall yet?
18. Can you help me?
I’ve tried _____ hotel in the city and can’t find a room.
19. Lena used to find work boring _______ she became a nurse.
20. If I _______ closer to my office, I could walk to work.